● Screen and exclude all fossil fuel investments from its investment portfolio;
● Immediately freeze all new investments in the fossil fuel industry;
● Take action to divest from the fossil fuel industry and shift funds to lower risk, ethical investments within five years. This should take into account both direct ownership and any commingled funds that include fossil fuel public equities and corporate bonds;
● Publicly publish investments and the investment criteria applied to funds to aid transparency and accountability;
● Additionally, we are calling for better student representation on university investment policy, and we ask that the university terminate any links to the industry in other areas, aside from its endowment fund, including accepting sponsorship and advertising. Currently, to our knowledge, UEA does not have any such arrangements, however an explicit reassurance, incorporated into official policy, that it will not enter into such relationships in the future, is needed.